Welcome to Indonesia !
Indonesia can be a difficult place to clear customs. Procedures require up to 20 sequential stamps, authorizations and signatures. Normal custom clearance takes from 5 to 7 working days, provided that all documents are in order.
For any inbound service and rate inquiry, please contact us.
Please read below information for latest Indonesia Customs Regulations or click here to download.
Normal Customs clearance for sea shipment :
· LCL shipment: Stripping for 7 days , plus 5-7 working days for normal clearance.
· FCL shipment: 5-7 working days for normal customs clearance.
Normal Customs clearance for air shipment : 1-2 working days
Duty free entry of household goods and personal effects into Indonesia is allowed only under these following conditions:
- Only 2 (two) consignments are permitted; one by sea and one by air. Arrival of the shipment(s) in Indonesia must be within 3 (three) months of the date of issuance on the residence/staying permit (KITAS Card)
- The importer must have used all items for a period of not less than 12 months prior to entry to Indonesia.
- Weapons, ammunitions
- Prohibited foodstuff/drugs of any kind
- Laser discs
- Alcoholic beverages
- Subversive or political sensitive materials Pornography materials
- Vehicles (exception for diplomatic)
- Shipment can only include one of each major appliance and home entertainment electronic
Censored Items: Cassette tapes, compact discs, books, Buddha statues
Documents Required from Shipper:
- Original Passport with 12 months visa
- Residence Permit (KITAS Card), valid for not less than 12 months
- Working Permit (IMTA), valid for not less than 12 months
- Original Passport
- Packing lists legalized by Indonesian Embassy or Consulate
- Letter of assignment and re-assignment issue by shipper’s sponsor company
- Statement Letter from Indonesia Embassy (issue in Country of origin) describing duration of stay overseas (minimum 12 months)
- School Certificate (for students only)
- License from Indonesia Ministry of Foreign Affair (applied by the Embassy in Jakarta)
- Diplomatic Card
- Authorization Letter (issued by Embassy in Jakarta)
Important Note : If customer fail to submit the required documents, shipment will be subjected to Customs Duties & Taxes which varies depending on size of shipment.
Please consult with us prior to booking to ensure smooth entry to Indonesia.
Documents Required from Origin Agent:
- ORIGINAL Bill Of Lading / Copy AWB
- ORIGINAL Packing List (sea) , Copy packing List (air)
Description of Goods on OBL (sea shipment):
Declared as “USED HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECTS” followed by mentioning 5 (five) items on the inventory list.
Example : USED HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECTS (Books, Clothes, Dining Table, Kitchenware, Dining chair)
Client Full Name (as shown on passport)
C/O IMS – PT. INTERNATIONAL MOVERS & STORAGE Jl. Mampang Prapatan No. 81
Jakarta 12790, Indonesia
Tel : +62 21 798 9978, Fax : +62 21 799 8494
Description of Goods on AWB (air shipment):
Declared as “USED PERSONAL EFFECTS”
followed by mentioning 5 (five) items on the inventory list. Example : USED HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECTS (Books, Clothes, Toys, Kitchenware, Bicycle)
Feel free to contact us if you need more information